Adding a Bow to your Applique or Embroidery Design
Adding a Bow to your Embroidery/Applique Designs
You will need the embroidery or applique design you want to use, a bow tackdown, and editing software that will allow you to merge designs.
1. Add your design and bow tackdown to your editing software.
Design opened in Embrilliance.
2. I want one tack down stitch for each flip flop, so I copied and pasted the bow tack down so I have two. Then I move and rotate the tackdown stitches so they sit on top of the flip flop just as I want. Next, save out your design and transfer it to your embroidery machine.
Bow tack down steps in correct place.
3. Now, it’s time to stitch out your design. I have completed the design and it’s time to add the bow tack down. Run the placement stitch for the bow. It’s a little hard to see in the photo below as I used white thread for the placement stitch.
4. Now, using scotch or masking tape, tape your ribbon just over the placement stitch (shown above). I like to tape both sides of the bow. Run tack down stitch. For this project, a premade bow you can find at most craft stores. Now run the tack down stitch. I run my machine at it's slowest speed while doing this to help avoid broken needles.
5. The design is now complete! Remove tape, un-hoop and enjoy!